Monday, 1 May 2017

Flight of a Starling by Lisa Heathfield

When I saw that Lisa Heathfield had written another book I jumped on the chance to read the ARC copy because I loved Seed and I loved Paper Butterflies. I knew I was going to love flight of a starling.

The characters are completely engaging from the beginning. The story revolves around a circus family focusing on two sisters Rita and Lo. The circus moved to a new town and the girls go off and explore. Both girls are the stars of the circus show, doing dangerous acrobatics and creating a beautiful story. They both love their life in the circus until Lo discovers a non circus boy.

I have never read a story quite like this one. I found it really original and loved reading about the different circus tricks. The plot brought around challenges that I had not previously considered and it definitely was good for thought on a few topics. 

Like the other two Lisa Heathfield books I have read this book is very emotional, there are several highs and lows but it is written so beautifully that I was completely wrapped up in Rita and Lo's little world. I think I read this book in two sittings and all of a sudden I was in tears and it was 3am.

I would recommend this book to everyone I loved it so much. 

Thanks for reading

Emx
Emmacoxy88@gmail.com