Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

23599075

For some reason i didnt think that i would enjoy this series at all and so i have been avoiding them in favour for safer reads but I picked the first one up in Waterstones because it was included in a deal and I have really enjoyed the Court of Mist and Fury series.

As soon as i started this book I was completely hooked.
I love that Celaena is a mixture between girly  heroine and bad ass assassin. When she needs to be tough she completely turns it on but then when she is just chilling out she is a regular girl. There are a lot of elements to Celaena that I think should be celebrated such as her efforts to save herself but also her loyalty to her friends. During the competition she is a strong competitor and gives the men a good run for their money even though I believe she is the only female there. Celeana knows how to put her game face on and get the job done.

I wasn't particularly fond of the prince, i found him dull and predictable but I did really like Choal who wasn't always very nice to Celeana. When this relationship seemed to blossom it peaked my interest a little because I think they will make a really strong pairing. The prince might become more interesting as the series goes on and I really hope this is the case. 

Just like the court of mist and fury series I found the writing style really suited my tastes. I think Sarah J Maas has yet again managed to create a not only believable but also likeable bunch of characters. This is the basis for a good book obviously because if I hate the characters then I am not very likely to be picking up the next book in the series but I don't have any doubts that this series will make it to the top of my tbr list very soon. 

A throne of glass feels like we are at the very beginning of something extra special and I hope that the rest of the series continues on the way that it started. I would 100% recommend this book to anyone. Please pick it up!!! 

Thanks for reading
Emx

Emmacoxy88@gmail.com
Follow me on imnstagram @Emmadreamchild